Family Intervention Service
Our Family Intervention Service program is a component of the Torres Strait Island Safe House program.
Our clients are the parents and other immediate family members who reside in the Torres Strait Islands and who provide a direct caring role to children subject to a statutory child protection intervention. We work with the families of children and young people who reside in:
- the Residential Service, and
- in the community where Child Safety Services has intervened with a parental agreement.
Our activities focus on:
- increasing the protective factors for the family and child
- improving the attachment between the child and their parent/care giver, and
- strengthening the caregivers’ skills and support networks.